Friday, January 26, 2018

Nail Crazies Unite - Winter Animals

Hey there!  This week's Nail Crazies Unite theme is Winter Animals.  At first I wanted to go with something cutesy like penguins or polar bears but honestly, around here, the animals I see the most in winter are crows and magpies.  I love birds and these birds are smart but so darn annoying.  Despite their squawking, I thought they should get their moment in the nail spotlight.  The stamping image ended up looking more like doves but I swear, big dark birds was my intent.



I'd been wanting to do this mani for awhile so when I saw this prompt I thought it would work.  I did a gradient of Picture Polish Lakodom, Winter and A England Bridal Veil to start.


The bird and tree image is from Moyra 27 (Dreamology).  I stamped it with Mundo de Unas Black and then finished with Glisten & Glow matte top coat.  I love how matte this top coat is BUT every time I've used it, it has shrunk terribly (you can see it a bit here even though I took these pictures immediately after finishing).  Has anyone else found that or is it just my bottle?


I hope you liked my quick Friday post.  This week has been nutty at work so I'm hoping to have a relaxing weekend.  I'll certainly be spending some of it catching up with the other Nail Crazies Unite Winter Animals posts that we can find in the links below.  

'Til next time...



No comments: