Friday, October 14, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Vampy: Red and Black Drip Marble

Hey there!  For the final day of Vampy week (my personal favourite Digit-al Dozen week in a long time though I know some of my cohorts have hated it), I have a decided I hemmed and hawed over including.  I love the idea of it but didn't fully love the outcome mostly because, as I said yesterday, dark colors and my cuticles are mortal enemies.  In the end, I'm including this red, black and gold drip marble because I love the polishes I used and it'd be a shame to have used all those beauties and not share the result.



To do these I used a base of A England Perceval (the lighter of the two reds).  The drip marble was done on a plastic lid with Perceval, Delush Polish Poisoned Vine, OPI Goldeneye and Essence Black Is Back.  


I love this drip marble technique.  It makes clean up a bit easier than a regular water marble but mostly you can get some really awesome patterns and you don't need polishes that will spread.  I want to do another one right now!  


Below is another vampy look I tried to do.  I wanted to do a glossy over matte look.  I used OPI Germanicure matte'd with Essie Matte About You and drew on some swirls with Essence Gel-Look top coat.  Sadly there were so many bubbles in it that it destroyed the photos.  In total I think I did 9 designs for this week, only 5 of which were passable.  Good thing I like wearing dark colors!  


Thanks for stopping by today.  As soon as I have a minute I'll have another Friday post which was supposed to be vampy but I decided I just couldn't pass it off as vampy, as hard as I tried.  But I love how it turned out so I hope you like it too.  And finally, can we have a hand for the new Digit-al Dozen girls?  They've killed it this week!  Check out them and the veterans in the links below.  

'Til next time...







No comments: