Thursday, October 13, 2016

Illyrian Polish Every Witch Way Collection

Press  Sample

Hey there!  I'm interrupting this week's Digit-al Dozen posts to bring you a fun collection from Illyrian Polish that I got to swatch thanks to Color4Nails.  The Every Witch Way collection was originally released this past summer but I honestly find this collection could work with all seasons.  There's a real mix of finishes and colors here but the sparkly shimmers are the standouts to me.  Keep reading to see a few swatch photos of the Every Witch Way shades and hear all my thoughts.


I didn't have any formula issues with any of these polishes.  They were all opaque in 2-3 coats.  Some did need an extra coat of top coat to smooth them out but that's to be expected with sparkly polishes.  My photos were taken in a light box with daylight bulbs.  I'm including a regular swatch photo to show the most realistic look, a macro to show the details and one with a shallow depth of focus simply because I wanted to be fancy and play with my camera.


"A sheer tinted purple base with a strong copper shimmer and ultra holo silver glitters"


I called this a soft lavender with a metallic pink shift.  My note for this one says it "really is magical".  I love the soft purple color and the subtle sparkle in it.  There were some brushstrokes closeup but nothing visible from a normal distance.  I used two coats plus top coat for these swatches but, looking at it now, three might have looked better in photos.  





"A black jelly base packed with black ultra holo glitters and purple/blue/gold shifting shimmer flecks"


The formula was a tad thick on this one but definitely manageable.  I love the depth of the flakies under the jelly.  I used two coats plus top coat.  I wanted to use this one in some stamping crystal nail art (does anyone else remember the Dark Crystal movie?) but I let it overdry on the stamper so it wouldn't transfer properly.  Broke my little heart.  




"A royal purple creme with a green to violet/pink shift "


There is definitely a strong golden green shift on the nail with this one.  The violet is evident in the bottle more than the nail.  The above photo looks brushstroke-y but I didn't make note of them so I must not have noticed them in real life.  I used two coats plus top coat here.  




"A magenta berry jelly base packed with purple and orange iridescent glitters and tiny copper shimmers"


If you like bright colors and glitter, this is the polish for you.  It really stands out amongst the more subtle colors that the rest of the collection has.  I used between 2-3 coats for full opacity (depending on the nail) and two coats of top coat to smooth it out.  





"A dark gray creme base packed with a teal to purple shifty shimmer flake"


Shift-wise, this one was disappointing.  I can see the purple shift at the edges of the bottle but nothing on the nail.  It's still a very pretty blackened shimmer but not shifty.  This is two heavy coats plus top coat.  




"A gray leaning blue base with scattered holo, ultra holo silver glitters, blue iridescent flakes, purple/blue iridescent glitters, copper iridescent flecks and a orange flash"


I didn't really note the blue in the base of Soul Charmer.  I saw it as a frosty silver-grey with super sparkly holo glitter.  This is two easy coats plus top coat to smooth it out.  I definitely see this is involved in some nail art this winter.  



Awaken The Magic and Soul Charmer are my favourites from this collection.  Unfortunately, being in Canada, some of these polishes were sold out by the time I received/swatched them so be sure to watch for restocks by following Color4Nails on social media.  

$12/polish
Available at Color4Nails

'Til next time...

No comments: