Friday, July 15, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Fashion - Weathergirl Dress

Hey there!  Ugh, I hate to sound negative but I'm so unmotivated to write this final Digit-al Dozen Fashion Week post since this mani is so sloppy.  I fully own my imperfections and know my nails and clean up are never perfect but this one was just lazy.  But I like the idea so I'm sticking with it.  I was inspired by the "weathergirl dress".  Sheila of Pointless Cafe posted a pic awhile back of her in it and she looked fabulous!  Now I want one!



To do these I started with a base coat of KBShimmer Fillin' Groovy and then taped off a small triangle and painted the rest with KBShimmer Eyes White Open.  When that was dry, I covered the negative space portion with Bundle Monster Poli-Peel (previously reviewed here) before stamping.  


For the stamping I used one of the houndstooth patterns from It Girl Nail Art IG104.  I say one of because there's four on this plate (which I love)!  You can see them on in my previous review of that plate here.  


And finally I used a black striper to add the black at the tips and finished with HK Girl top coat.  It looks like I didn't clean up very good and everything looks pretty yucky but I do still like that dress!  



I'll be back later today with my 40 Great Nail Art Ideas post which is kind of funny (though I take no credit for it) so I hope you'll join me again later for that one.  For now I leave you with more Fashion designs from my friends below.

'Til next time...





No comments: