Monday, July 20, 2015

Orange Swirl Watermarble

Hey there!  I'm actually on holidays this week but I thought I'd schedule at least a few posts so you guys didn't think I disappeared off the face of the earth.  Today's post is for The 52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge.  The themes for this week are Swirls and 3 Shades of Orange/Red.  I knew I wanted to do a swirly water marble but didn't count on how hard it was going to be!  This was the second one I did after the first one was a complete failure.



Originally I had tried a normal water marble with oranges and white but it was a disaster.  Luckily, then I received my order with Pipe Dream Polish where I had managed to snag a bottle of Clearwater, a clear polish (though I'm not sure it could be called polish) that is meant for marbling.  Well let me tell you, April from PDP definitely knows her stuff...Clearwater is magic!


Before the marbling, I had started with a gradient of Picture Polish Totes, Citrus, Sunset and Love (which are all orange or orange-y red) over a white base.  Then I marbled with Clearwater and Pure Ice Superstar!  I seriously love this Clearwater magic.  I know I'll be using it often so I guess you guys should be prepared for some water marbles coming up!   


'Til next time...










No comments: