Sunday, April 12, 2015

Sunday Stamping - Breakfast at Tiffany's

Hey there!  This week's Sunday stamping challenge is all about classic movies.  While I'm not a big film buff (I'm more of a TV junkie), I was a huge fan of the song Breakfast at Tiffany's back in the day so I did watch the movie.  It was so long ago that I don't remember the movie but, luckily, it's so iconic that hopefully you don't need to know the movie to recognize the theme here.



I'm certainly not the first one to do a mani similar to this but, as I said, I don't watch too many older movies (unless you count the 90's as "classics") so I wanted to have a go at it.  I have A LOT of polishes in this color range but do you think I have an exact match to "Tiffany Blue"?  Nope!  So I used one of the obvious choices, China Glaze For Audrey (2 coats here).  On my middle finger I have one of my favourite Girly Bit polishes, Bette Davis Eyes, as an homage to another classic film star with the added bonus of it looking sparkly like diamonds.  On my ring finger I used KBShimmer Eyes White Open.



For the stamping, I had to use the Audrey Hepburn stamping image from MoYou London Rebel-02 in MDU Black.  The bows are from Cici & Sisi-06 but I removed the stars from the image.  Then I added a couple of plain rhinestones and finished with HK Girl.  



Personally I don't have any Tiffany & Co. jewelry but I managed to get my hand on a box for the photo because, a couple of weeks ago, my sister got some earrings from a local radio station after being nominated for a good friend by her friend Erin.  Isn't that sweet?



'Til next time...


No comments: