Monday, March 9, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen does Nature: Day 1 Sea Turtle Nail Art

Hey there!  I'm so excited about this week's Digit-al Dozen theme of Nature!  I wouldn't consider myself outdoors-y but I do love the outdoors (just not eating or sleeping in it, haha).  I've only been a Digit-al Dozen member for a couple of months but this has by far been my favourite theme so far.  My first mani also fits in with this week's Crumpet's Nail Tarts theme of Non-US Brand as I used all Picture Polish (from Australia) polishes for these.  Whenever I go on vacation somewhere tropical, seeing sea turtles is always a highlight (my mom especially loves them) so I thought this would be a good start for Nature week.



The base of this mani is 3 coats of, fittingly, Picture Polish Ocean, a teal/turquoise jelly filled with holo bits.  This one will always be one of my favourite Picture Polish colors.  


The nail art was inspired by a painting that I saw on the PaintNite website.  I didn't go to an event with this painting but my sister and I were fooling around with paint a few weeks ago and I tried to do a mini version of this painting on my own.  Then I thought "hey, why not try to put this on my nails?"...so I did!


I tried to add variety with a few other Picture Polishes: Sea Jewel, Fool's Gold, Honeymoon and Tiffany.  The black and white parts are acrylic paint.  Everything was finished with HK Girl.


I also wanted to see what it would look like matte so I mattified it with OPI's Matte Top Coat.  This is another mani that I like both ways. 



And just for funsies, I thought I'd take a pic of my mani with my little painting which currently lives under my sister's bed.


Don't forget to check out see what the other ladies have come up with for this awesome theme!

'Til next time...




No comments: