Thursday, November 21, 2013

Enchanted Polish Dream On Swatch

Hey there!  Today is the first time I'm showing you an Enchanted Polish.  If you've never heard of Enchanted Polish, it's an indie brand that causes such excitement in the nail polish community that anytime there's a restock it's almost guaranteed to break the website and make normal, happy women turn into fierce tigers.  It's really nuts.  But I've jumped on the bandwagon and, because Nail Polish Canada opens their restocks to Canadians only for the first hours of a release (to prevent their site from crashing), I've managed to snag three of these polishes, altogether.  This is Dream On, a Nail Polish Canada exclusive shade.


direct light

I received my order of Dream On last night and had to put it on right away.  This is two coats plus top coat.  You can see that it's a dark eggplant purple holo.  It's super opaque but a tiny bit thick for my liking.  Luckily it wasn't thick enough to cause any problems with application.

light box


direct light

After admiring it alone for a minute, I stamped a flower pattern from the MoYou London Pro Collection 02 plate plate using Konad Black.  I don't know about anyone else but I love the squishy, sticky stampers that are around but they tend to leave little blank spots in my stamping like this.  I hope that doesn't ruin the look of it for you.



On the off chance that anyone is wondering how it compares to A England Sleeping Palace, my sister happened to put Sleeping Palace on last night and we compared our hands.  Sleeping Palace is a bit more neutral-leaning and dusty and has a stronger holo effect in indoor light but a weaker holo in direct light (don't ask me how).  
Since this is a Nail Polish Canada-exclusive color it'll only be available from their website so keep your eyes on their website and Facebook for restock news but keep in mind that currently they only ship to Canada and the US.

I also purchased Enchanted Polish Yesterday so if anyone wants to see a swatch of that, let me know and I'll do a post on it too.  It looks pretty too :-)

'Til next time...









No comments: