Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen does Nature: Day 3 Fan Brush Ocean Nail Art

Hey there!  For Day 3 of The Digit-al Dozen's Nature Week, I went with another water theme.  If you know anything about me, you know I LOVE being in and around water with all my heart, despite the fact that I can't swim.  But water, even rough waters, has a calming effect on me and that's sort of what I wanted to portray here.  The water doesn't look particularly peaceful but I know I'd feel super relaxed being around it.  This mani was supposed to be a fan brush gradient but my fan brush technique never turns into the gradient that I expect it to but I tend to really like how they turn out. 




To start, I used a white base of OPI Alpine Snow.  Then for the fan brush I used Cult Nails Time Traveller, OPI Can't Find My Czechbook, Sally Hansen Set Sail and Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow.  It seems I also went back and added a few more swipes with white into the darker parts which is what makes it look like rough sails.  All that was topped with HK Girl top coat.  



I also added some stamping that kind of wrecked it.  It does fit with the nautical theme since there's sea shells involved but I liked it better without the stamping.  I used MoYou London Sailor -04 and Mundo de Unas Aqua (#24) here.



That wraps up Day 3.  Check out the other amazing DD girls manis for nature week below.

'Til next time...



No comments: