Tuesday, July 16, 2019

The Digit-al Dozen does Christmas In July - Merry Summer!

Hey there!  I asked my sister to help me come up with Christmas In July nail ideas for this week's Digit-al Dozen theme and she came across a picture of a watermelon Christmas tree.  It was just such a perfect blend of summer and Christmas that I couldn't not use it.  I wasn't entirely sure what else to do with it but I thought neon Christmas lights would be fun so that's what I have to share today.



For the watermelon nail I did a white base and then a gradient of Moonflower Polish Sprinkles and Electric Slime then sponged some white in between and added lines with El Yunque and more white to look like rind.  Then I put a few skinny triangle stencils I had together to make a big triangle and painted the leftover with Moonflower Polish Noche.  The star was another stencil that I sponged with Moonflower Polish Lemonade.  I love this one nail so much so thank you to my sister for the idea!  



The other nails all started with a black base of Noche.  The lights are an image from UberChic Beauty Happy Christmas, reverse stamped with Mundo de Unas White and filled with Sprinkles, Lemonade and Electric Slime.  


On the middle nail, I thought text saying Merry Summer would be a fun tie-in with the theme.  Unfortunately there's so such image out there.  So I used "Merry" from UberChic's Happy Christmas stamped first in white then with Electric Slime.  However the same trick didn't seem to want to work for Summer (which was part of an image from Born Pretty BP-L-017), maybe because the etching isn't as good.  So for that I stamped in white and then used Hit The Bottle Pop Rocks (one of the sheer Jelly Shots polishes) over it which color-matched almost perfectly.  


Hopefully you like today's Christmas In July nails.  That watermelon is certainly the best thing I pulled off for this week.  I don't know why but lately my nail art just isn't working out.  So I'm glad this one nail did!  

'Til next time...



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments: