Monday, February 11, 2019

The Digit-al Dozen does Textured - All The Textures...

Hey there!  It's time for a new Digit-al Dozen week.  This month we're doing "Textured".  As someone who doesn't really love textured nails (and therefore doesn't own all that many textured polishes) this one was a bit out of my wheelhouse.  But I will say that in the end I didn't hate it.  But it was weird spending the week or so that I did these over having bumpy nails.  I couldn't stop touching them when I was at work!  Anyway, I'm starting with my favourite of the week.  I think it's my favourite since it was way more badass than the nail art I usually wear...



Clearly there was a lot going on in this mani so I might have to go nail by nail.  But they all started with Madam Glam Perfect Black as a base.  This week I have two manis with gel polish (since gel is easier to get texture with) plus one more that I liked a bit less so I'll share it some other time.  


On my pointer finger, I stamped with UberChic Beauty 27-03 with Essie No Place Like Chrome and topped with Gelish matte top coat.  Even matte feels like a texture to me since it's so satin-y.  On my middle nail I first used Whats Up Nails Black Chrome Powder, then Moyra black foil gel for the stripes.


On my ring finger I used some silver studs I had laying around.  Presumably I bought them from Born Pretty at some point but who knows... And on my pinky I used some old glitter that UberChic Beauty used to carry.  This one was called Black Gold.  But if you wanted to do something similar, any loose glitter would work.  


That brings us to the end of my first textured mani for the week.  I hope you're in the mood for some bumpy nails this week since there's still lots to come!  

'Til next time...




No comments: