Friday, February 15, 2019

The Digit-al Dozen does Textured - Mermaid Sea Glass

Hey there!  Today brings us to the end of another Digit-al Dozen themed week.  I double posted a bunch this week so I feel like it's been a long week of blogging for me so I'll be happy to take tomorrow off and hopefully start on next month's nails.  If I don't get them done this weekend, I'm not sure when I'll have time.  I've never skipped a DD month yet and I'm not planning on starting now!  Anyway, for today's 5th and final textured look, I'm not entirely sure what I was going for.  I've called them sea glass nails but I don't think that's entirely accurate thanks to the flakies, hence I've called them mermaid sea glass. ..



To start these I used a base of Madam Glam Royal Blue.  I stamped that with Whats Up Nails B010 with Mundo de Unas White.  I topped that with Gelish matte top coat to give more contrast with the bumpy bits but, as you can see, the glossy stuff I used spread all over the place and sort of killed that idea.  


Next I painted over the negative space spots with Nfu Oh 40 (a flakie polish in a clear base) .  But that alone didn't give me as much texture as I was hoping for.  Hence, I waited until it was dry and then added builder gel.  In retrospect that was the demise to an otherwise pretty mani.  Builder gel is way too hard to control for me so it eneded up everywhere.  But at least it certainly resulted in some bumps!



I hope you guys enjoyed our textured theme this week.  Less month's theme is more specific so my designs will have to take a bit more planning.  But I'm looking forward to using them as an excuse to use a couple new plates I've bought recently!

'Til next time...




2 comments:

Laura Lackschaft said...

This looks freakin cool. Really 3D. These must have been feeling weird :D

Darling Magpie said...

THIS LOOKS SO COOL. I love 3D elements on nail art. I know it wasn't quite the look you were going for but it looks badass.