Monday, June 12, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Paper - Vintage Letter

Hey there!  Hooray, it's time for a new Digit-al Dozen week!  This week we're doing the theme of "paper"....tough one eh?  I struggled coming up with ideas at first but then I got my order of Moyra plates from Beautometry and it all came together.  Seriously, I use these plates in three of the designs I did for this week.  Plus I had also bought the foil gel and some foils.  The first look I tried to do for paper was a vintage letter, inspired by some of the amazing vintage stamping that Ten Little Canvasses has done with Moyra plates and foil.



Since I wanted to use the foil gel, I also started with a gel base.  I used Elite99 Nudes here, namely NU001.My note say I tried to distress it with some dark colors thinned in acetone but you definitely can't see that!  Maybe it doesn't work with gel the way it works with regular polish.   



Then I stamped with Moyra 05 (aptly named "Vintage") with Revlon Dominate.  Then the quill and the ink were stamped with Mundo de Unas Black from the same plate.  And the swirl were from Marianne Nails 63.


To get the foil bits, I used Moyra Foil Gel in gold, cured it and then dabbed on the Moyra gold foil.  I finished with Gelish matte top coat but apparently it is nowhere near as matte as regular matte top coat.  


That's all for tonight.  Hopefully tomorrow I can tend to my blog earlier in the day.  Hopefully you like my first take on "paper".  I know my DD ladies have had some awesome paper manis already which you can see in the links below.

'Til next time...

No comments: