Wednesday, June 14, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Paper - Books

Hey there!  Probably one of my favourite things involving paper is reading, especially in summer.  I think it stems from the fact that my parents would let me stay up late when I was little, as long as I was reading.  I believe I've always been a night owl so I loved (and still love) anything that lets me stay awake until all hours.  Nowadays, more often than not, it's doing my nails that keeps me up late but when I'm out at the cabin, it's still reading.  So how could I not do a book mani for The Digit-al Dozen's week of paper.  Plus I got to use another one of my new Moyra plates.  These images are so pretty!



I wanted to start with a wood grain stamp to look like a fancy library.  Personally I'm fine with my white Ikea bookshelves but that would've made a much more boring background!  I started with Zoya Louise and stamped with Mundo de Unas Caramel with two different wood grain stamps I have (Bundle Monster BM-608 and Winstonia W113).



The books also came from a couple different plates.  The fancy ones on my middle and ring finger are from Moyra #14 (Moments) and the others are from MoYou London Scholar 02.  They were colored in with Zoya Severine, Veruschka and Posh and white (either acrylic paint or Mundo de Unas, would be my guess...I forgot to write that down).  All that was finished with a matte top coat.  I also didn't write down which one...bad blogger!  


As much as I love my bookshelf that is overflowing with books I have to admit that I've mostly switched over to an eReader now.  How about you?  Do you still read traditional books or is it digital now?  

'Til next time...


No comments: