Wednesday, September 28, 2016

UberChic Beauty Great Outdoors Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Though summer is (sadly) officially over, it's not too late to enjoy some outdoor time so I thought today would be a good day to review UberChic Beauty's Great Outdoors mini stamping plate.  There's something about this plate that has an autumn feel to it even though I think most of us do our camping in the warmer months.  There is something amazing about being outside in the fall though.  I spent last weekend at the cabin and it was amazing.  The weather was warm and the leaves have all turned and, since it gets dark earlier now, I got to do some skywatching.  The plate might not have stars on it but it does have trees and acorns and lots of other outdoors-y images.  Keep reading to see what else it has.


UberChic Beauty's mini plates are 6 x 12 cm (a pretty typical stamping plate size).  Great Outdoors has 8 17 x 21 mm full nail images and a ton of smaller images that should fulfill every camper's stamping needs...and a few things most campers might not want to see.  Personally, I don't like to see bears except from the safety of my car!  I'm a bit of a broken record when it comes to UberChic's plates but, as usual, I had no issues stamping the images.


I did two manis using this plate.  For the first one I used the mountain image and used the advanced stamping technique (stamped with white and filled with Color Club Muse-ical).  I transferred the mountains onto a base of a whole bunch of Picture Polish colors.  I started with Swagger and then added streaks of white, Mad Magenta and Totes.  After applying the mountains I painted the tips with Chillax and added a bit more Swagger and Totes.  Despite my province being  home to the Rocky Mountains, I'm more drawn to water than mountains but I do still really like how this mani turned out.  



For my second outdoor-y look, I used two smoosh bases.  The green was done with OPI I'm Sooo Swamped and Uh-Oh Roll Down The Window and Zoya Hunter and Flynn.  The brown was done with OPI Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh, Zoya Flynn and Revlon Dominate.  I topped it with Cult Nails Wax That top coat but it still looks pretty shiny in the photos here.  



I think this is a great plate to do some autumnal nails that aren't necessarily leaves, which is great since Lovely Leaves is currently sold out.  You can find UberChic Beauty's website and social media links down below.

$7.99/plate
Available at UberChic Beauty
Facebook/Instagram

And, in case you need to be convinced that the outdoors are lovely even in fall, here's a photo I took on Saturday night.  The northern lights are pretty common at the lake but they're even more common in fall and I don't have to stay up until 3 am to see them which is a bonus.  



'Til next time...



No comments: