Monday, October 5, 2015

UberChic Beauty Halloween-01 Stamping Plate Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Since it's October I'm officially allowing myself to start posting Halloween nails and what better way to start than with a new-ish UberChic Beauty stamping plate made especially for Halloween.  At this time of year people start looking for plates that work for what is a lot of folks' favourite holiday and I personally feel this plate is up to the challenge.  It's got a whole gamut of Halloween images from bats to webs and everything in between.  Keep reading for all the details...



Here's the scan of the plate I received from UberChic Beauty.  As with all her other plates, it measures 9.5 x 14.5 cm with the full nail images measuring 17 x 21 mm.  You can see it truly does have almost every Halloween-type image you could ask for.  I feel this would be the perfect plate for someone who is new to collecting stamping plates because it's pretty much a one-stop shop.  It helps that every image I tried stamps amazingly.  It should be noted that there is an manufacturer error in the "boo eek scary" image on the left hand column that UberChic was unable to get corrected in time for the holiday. 


So far I've done two manis using this plate.  For the first one I did a water marble with pipe dream polish VIP Pass and Harlequin and Clearwater over KBShimmer My Life's Porpoise.  I made stamping decals with a variety of UberChic's images with Mundo de Unas Black and Serum No. 5 Day Glow.  It turned out kind of cute and scary at the same time.  


Day Glow isn't a really opaque polish so I had to paint the bits I wanted with it and then back it with white to make it stand out over the purple.  Unfortunately that made my decals pretty think which is why I think I have so many bubbles but I hope you can forgive that.  


And now for the best part...it glowed!  How cool would this be on a Halloween night?


For my second mani I did something I wouldn't only wear at Halloween.  I think spiders are pretty nifty little creatures so I stamped Sally Hansen Titanium Flash with Essie No Place Like Chrome (silver webs) and Mundo de Unas Black (spider).  Since these Sally Hansen Color Foils don't play nice with top coat I skipped it for these.  




I hope you like what I've done so far with this plate.  I hope to use it again before the big day.  If you'd like to get this plate for this upcoming Halloween, feel free to follow the link below.

Price: $14.99/plate 
Available on UberChic Beauty's website

'Til next time...


No comments: