Monday, February 3, 2014

Picture Polish Pirouette & Scarlett with Valentine's Day stamping

Hey there!  Do any of you have brands you just love?  I have a few and Picture Polish is one of them. I've found myself reaching for them a lot lately so when I saw that they released new collaboration shades last week, including these new holographics, I pretty much immediately put them all in my shopping cart.  I received them on Friday and played with Pirouette and Scarlett this weekend.  Warning: this is pretty photo heavy.  I just couldn't narrow down the pictures!


Yesterday I said that pink isn't my favourite nail polish colour but here we go with another pink.  Pirouette was created in collaboration with Tenshi no Hana.  It is is a holographic pink that leans every-so-slightly to the lilac side.  This is two coats plus top coat.  I've taken photos in my light box and under direct light so you can see what it looks like normally AND see the incredible holo effect it has.  Seriously, check out the close up photo.  So many colours!   

light box

direct light

direct light

I don't love pinks but I do love reds and Scarlett is a red holographic created in collaboration with Cathy from MoreNailPolish, one of my favourite blogs, especially because she has a catalogue of all the Picture Polish colours.  I refer to it A LOT. (*edit* Picture Polish informed me Scarlett isn't actually a collaboration shade, which I would have known if I paid more attention to the bottle.  But Cathy help them launch the shade by being the first to show swatches.)  The tagline on the bottle reads "the perfect duo...goes with O'Hara".  For those of you that don't know O'Hara is a bright red with the scattered holographic particles that Picture Polish is known and loved for.  While Scarlett is a red holographic, it's not near as bright as O'Hara.  I found it to be a slightly pinked-out red in regular light (which is perfectly forgivable knowing that it's hard to maintain vivid colours when adding the silver holo magic).  But in direct light, Scarlett appears a lot more red.  So it's still not my dream red holographic but it's close.  This is 2 coats plus top coat.

light box

direct light

direct light
Because this shades were quite pigmented, I had to see if stamping would work so I stamped over Pirouette using Scarlett with this heart image from Pueen34.  Look!  Scarlett stamps!  It does stamp a much paler colour, more of a dark pink than red but doesn't it look good combo'ed with Pirouette? 




I'm happy that Picture Polish has entered the realm of more linear holographic polishes but I really hope that it doesn't mean they're going to give up on their scattered holos.  That being said, I'm really looking forward to having these guys on hand when summer comes (which is still at least 3 months away here).  Maybe I'll have to bring one of these new friends to Hawaii when I go next week so I can see it sparkle in the sun.

'Til next time...









No comments: