Monday, February 10, 2020

The Digit-al Dozen does Cocktails - Sex On The Beach

Hey there!  It's been quite awhile since I've had a Digit-al Dozen post to share so I'm excited we're back at it.  Our group has shrunk quite a bit but hopefully it'll keep going.  If anyone out there has a nail art blog, feel free to email me if you'd like to join us!  This month we're doing Cocktails.  As someone whose adult beverages consist entirely of beer, this one is a bit challenging.  I haven't done all my manis ahead of time so if you know of any cocktails that would translate into nail art, I'd love to hear them!  I've been googling a lot of images of cocktails and they're definitely making me miss summer so I'm starting out with the most summer-y drink possible....sex on the beach.  Hopefully the name of this post doesn't turn this blog into some sort of adult content by google standards!



First, here's my photo inspiration...and a link for the recipe.  Tell me this doesn't look like the most delicious drink ever!  I've never actually had one but now I want to!  


For my nails all week, I think I'm gonna try to stick with Hit The Bottle polishes.  Her polish names are often drink-based so it just seems fitting.  For this I started with a gradient of Banana Colada, Orange You Excited and Join The Cerise Force (over a coat of Banana Colada to start).


I'm pretty limited in my drink stamping images but luckily I do have a few.  This one is from Lina Nail Art Supplies Summer 02.  Since it looks (and sounds) like this should be consumed beside some palm trees, I used a different image from Summer 01 to complement it.  That was all finished with some Vibrant Vinyls Fast & Hard top coat.  Between the drink name and the top coat name, maybe this blog post really should be X-rated!



So that's my first cocktail of the week.  Seriously, if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!  

'Til next time...








You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

1 comment:

Ananka said...

This looks amazing! I love it :-D