Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Hit The Bottle Fantasy Feathers Multichrome Swatches and Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Tonight I have one of my favourite brands, Hit The Bottle (available internationally from the US distributor Beautometry who provided me with these samples), but with a little something different from what they normally do.  I've known Michelle online from her blogging days when she decided to start making stamping polish.  And she does make AMAZING stamping polish but she's branched out into regular polish for this Fantasy Feathers multichrome line of polishes.  They prove to me she certainly isn't just a stamping expert.  These polishes were pretty flawless to work with.  Now onto the swatches...


I'm not super great at picking up all the color shifts possible in multichrome polishes with my camera so I took a few photos of each, with different angles, to give you more of an idea of the shiftiness of each polish.  I hope that helps.  Also the color descriptions on the website indicates which colors should be there but, since I find I don't always see all the colors listed, I'll comment on the colors I picked up when I wore them.  All swatches were done with glossy top coat and photos were taken in a light box with 5K bulbs.

Color:  Mainly deep blue with some purple shift with a hint of holographic glitter.
Application: Smooth with no brushstrokes
Coats: 2 coats





Color: Super shifty ronze/Gold/Green.  The holographic glitter isn’t very apparent in this one.
Application: Good.  A few brushstrokes in this one but it’s worth it for that shift.
Coats: 2 coats





Color: Teal-dusty blue- purple multichrome with holo glitter
Application: Easy.  Metallic-like finish makes some brush strokes visible but nothing noticeable.  The photos look like the glitter caused texture in it but I didn’t notice that in real life.  
Coats: 2 coats





Color: Magenta which shifts to green and copper and gold with a bit of holo sparkle.  I think the shift is the most extreme in this polish.
Formula: Good.  Again, metallic finish shows some of the brushstrokes but not noticeable
Coats: 2 coats 





Color: Mainly emerald green to blue and purple
Application:  Easy with no brushstrokes
Coats: 2 coats





Color:  Purple-blue shift with a hint of pink
Application: Good with brushstrokes not very noticeable
Coats: 2 coats





Color: Blue-toned royal purple that shifts to reddish and copper, with blue holographic glitter.
Application: Super smooth.  No streaks.
Coats: 2 coats



The addition of holographic sparkle adds a little something that we don't see in many (if any) multichrome collections.  I noticed the glitter upon removal of a couple of them but they didn't have to be soaked or scrubbed off or anything like a more glittery polish.  I also like that they're quite opaque where some multichromes can be a bit sheer.  But each of these only needed two coats for full coverage.  My favourites in this collection are definitely Parrot Fashion and The Flight of The Hummingbird.  The colors and the extreme shifts of those ones make them the biggest winners to me.  

$12.50 USD each
Available at Beautometry

'Til next time...



No comments: