Wednesday, September 12, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does Recreating Your First Blog Posts - Fall Leaves Jelly Stampwich

Hey there!  Today we have a last minute addition to the lineup for the week of "first blog post" re-creations.  I had some done a marbled mani for today but it was rubbish compared to the original so I found a different old design to redo.  This is a jelly stampwich, which is the nail world means that it's stamping images sandwiched between layers of jelly polish.  I think they give great depth to the nails.  I hope you agree!


Here's a look at the original.  Comparing them now, maybe using one image is the way to go.


The polish is a caramel-colored jelly, Nfu Oh JS39.  I started with two coats of it before the stamping.


Then I got to stamping.  I used the individual leaf images from Lovely Leaves (the first one) and Mundo de Unas White.  In the original I used a single image over an over again.  Using the UberChic  plate make this more like a realistic leaf pile since there's so many different leaves on this plate.


I'd let my stamping dry, added a coat of polish, let that dry...and repeat again and again.  It's a bit time-consuming which is probably why I don't know it more often.  These were finished with Seche top coat.


I love the variety of leaves in this mani but having them all look the same is nice too.  If you've got some time today, look at the rest of the group's nails for the 4th day of re-creations.

'Til next time...









No comments: