Wednesday, May 16, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does Inspired By Each Other - Kimett Kolor

Hey there!  Today's Digit-al Dozen mani was inspired by someone who really is an inspiration.  Kim of Kimett Kolor seriously never ceases to amaze me at the designs she comes up with.  Her nail art is always stunning.  Unfortunately she's been dealing with some health issues which means she's had to take a little break from the nail world but I truly hope she gets well soon.  Mostly for her but maybe just a tiny bit selfishly because I miss her art.  I knew I wanted to recreate one of her manis but had a really hard time narrowing down which one to try.  That lady has skills I just don't have!  I found this November-themed mani and I figured I had to recreate it.  I'm a November baby (actually my birthday is the day she had posted it - the very last day of the month.  My version really is proof she has skills I don't have.  Mine sucks compared to hers but I loved it anyway.  Yay November!



First I'll list everything I used to try to copy her topaz nails.  I started with a white base and then used a sheer yellow like Kim did.  I used OPI Primarily Yellow.  Then I added splotches of NfuOh JS 39, KBShimmer Oh My Gourd and Essie Partner In Crime.  Next up were some gold flakes I bought from Born Pretty followed by another coat of Primarily Yellow and a coat of HK Girl top coat. 



For the chrysanthemum nails, again I started with a white base then did a smooshy marble with Sally Hansen White, Cerulean and Denim.  The flower stamping image is from FUN 16.  I stamped it in white and then used a sheer blue and teal (Esmaltes da Kelly Soft Azul and Dance Legend Sisley) and finished with HK Girl. 



Growing up with November as my birth month, I felt like I had the short end of the stick since I hated both the flower and the gemstone.  I honestly couldn't even say chrysanthemum until I was a teenager.  But thanks to Kim's nails, I hate them a little bit less now.  I'm still not a yellow fan but these golden nails were pretty cool to wear.  

'Til next time...



No comments: