Thursday, February 22, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does Mythical Creatures - Fairies

Hey there!  It's the fourth day of The Digit-al Dozen's Mythical Creatures week and today is one I attempted twice and I'm still shaking my head at it.  Maybe it's because I think fairies are so cute and magical but I really only have a couple stamping plates with fairy images.  Unfortunately neither of my goes at this, turned out nearly as whimsical as I was hoping.  After these, I gave up.  It's as good a fairy mani as we're going to get from me this month.



These started with a base of Tonic Polish I Pink You Blue Me Off which I turned into a gradient with Light of Lyra and KBShimmer Eclipse.  I wanted subtle stars for the background so I stamped from Bundle Monster BM-XL213 with Mundo de Unas Velvet.  



Then the fairies.  They are from MoYou London Fairytale 01, stamped with Mundo de Unas Silver.  When I did these I literally said "I need to get rid of this plate because I use it too much".  It's my fairy-image crutch.  


Alas, that was my second fairy design.  My first ones (below) used Beauty Big Bang j2443-10A flakies.  Hit The Bottle Snowed In Vivid Lacquer VL013 and 019 were stamped with Hit The Bottle Snowed In for the fairies and the scene.  These were finished with OPI matte top coat.


While these weren't my favourites, I swear tomorrow's are my favourite for the week.  And it's a combo theme!  Swing by tomorrow to see them.  But before then, check out the other Day 4 manis down below.  

'Til next time...



No comments: