Wednesday, December 13, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does My Home - Inspired by nail polish EVERYWHERE

Hey there!  The title of today's post says it all.  Since this week The Digit-al Dozen are doing "My Home" manis, I couldn't resist doing one inspired by my main hobby (and therefore space-taker).  I don't have a "nail room" like some ladies so I have nail polish everywhere.  It's stored in my living room and in my bedroom.  There's binders of plates on my TV stand.  There's nail art supplies under my bathroom sink.  I've even found nail polish drips on the kitchen floor (I really don't know how those got there).  Needless to say, there's not a corner of where I live that isn't taken up by my one true love.  



These started with a base of Sally Hansen White (from the Crayola line).  Then I used some splatter stencils from smART Nails and Lightening, Cerulean and Razzmatazz gradiented over the stencils.  Splatters are not uncommon around me.  They're why I only have a cheap coffee table from Ikea to do my nails on.  I spill so much nail polish and acetone, I wouldn't want to ruin anything nice!  



Then I stamped the nail polish bottles from Bundle Monster BM-619 with Mundo de Unas Black and finished with KBShimmer Clearly On Top.   


These are super summer-y with the white and all the bright colours but we wear what we like right?  Plus I only seem to splatter neon nail polish at home for some reason so these are pretty accurate.  


These might not be very seasonal but I'm going to try to get a post up with a whole slew of holiday nail art later today.  After that you'll be wishing for another summer mani like these, haha!  But before I do that, you can check out the rest of the group's Day 3 My Home designs in the links below.  Enjoy!

'Til next time...


No comments: