Friday, November 24, 2017

26 Great Nail Art Ideas - Reciprocal Gradient

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Hope all the folks in the US are having a great long weekend and picking up some good Black Friday deals.  I might be Canadian but, thanks to online shopping (and the fact that lots of places here do Black Friday now) I've done a fair bit of shopping myself this week.  Now, onto more important things...this week's 26 Great Nail Art Ideas post!  This week our theme is reciprocal gradient, something I almost never do but always like.  For mine, I decided to use the Whats Up Nails Arabesque stencils.  It reminds me of warmer climates which is welcome right now since it feels like we've been in winter mode for ages!



$3.75 USD
12 stencils (22 x 28 mm)


These stencils stuck to the nail the perfect amount.  They were easy to remove from the backing BUT I ended up placing them on the backside of it and they stuck a bit too well and had a tendency to tear when I pulled them off to use them.  I've not had that with other stencils from Whats Up Nails (my favourite stencil shop) so it must be because of the thinness of the "lines" and the spaces in between.  So keep that in mind.  


For my reciprocal gradient I started with a base of Sally Hansen x Crayola White and did a gradient with Denim.  Then I applied the stencil and reversed the gradient.  I think you have to use really opaque polishes like these for reciprocal gradients because you want to be quick enough that  the stencils (or whatever you're using as your design) isn't getting glued down with drying polish.  I finished with KBShimmer Clearly On Top top coat.  


That's all for today.  If you're having a nice relaxing Thanksgiving weekend, feel free to spend some of it perusing the rest of the 26 Great Nail Art Ideas manis in the links below.  Or do some shopping at Whats Up Nails, also in the links below.  They are having a 30% off sale for Black Friday this weekend, if you are doing any shopping.  Just use the code BLACK30.  

Available at What's Up Nails

'Til next time...








No comments: