Saturday, October 21, 2017

Nail Crazies Unite - Vampy Matte

Hey there!  Today brings me to the last post (at least of this round) of the Nail Crazies Unite challenge.  But at least we know there will be more prompts coming next month!  To end this time around, we're finishing with Vampy Matte, a theme I was super looking forward to but ended up sort of failing at.  I love vampy colors and I love making my nail art matte, but these just ended up too dark to see all the stamping (hence the overexposed photos).  I liked the final look anyway, even if I was the only one who could see the lacey background in real life.



For my base color I used 2 coats of Lacquester Doomed Diva (a vampy purple) topped with one coat of Dragon Heart (a purple jelly filled with flakies).  I probably should've used a slightly lighter purple though.  


I stamped a black lace pattern from Born Pretty BP-L020 with Messy Mansion Carbon.  The roses were stamped with Hit The Bottle Drop Red Gorgeous with images from a couple different plates (Messy Mansion MM07 and Moyra 05 - Vintage).  



And, of course, since matte was part of the theme, I finished with a matte top coat (OPI's matte top coat, to be specific).  


And there you have it, the end of this round of the Nail Crazies Unite.  We can see who else tackled this final prompt in the links below.  Hopefully we'll all be back for the next time around!  

'Til next time...



No comments: