Tuesday, October 17, 2017

UberChic Beauty Radiate Love & Texture-Licious 03 Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  It feels like most of what I've been blogging about lately is Halloween-themed so it's refreshing to be sharing some just lovely stamping plates today.  Recently UberChic Beauty has come out with a couple of new plates, Radiate Love and Texture-Licious 03 and they both worked perfectly.  The Texture-Licious plates are one of my favourite series that Brittany has come up with.  They're so great so easy layering and always result in awesome looks but I have to say that I really like the Radiate Love plate as well, with it's mandala images.  Mandalas aren't always something I'm in the mood for (only because I feel like I should color inside the lines which I often fail at) but I really enjoyed wearing these manis.


Radiate Love
$14.99 USD
9.5 x 14 cm


The Radiate Love plate is a new one for UberChic Beauty but, perhaps with the popularity of mandalas, it could be the first in a series.  As with all UC images, the full nails ones measure 17 x 21 mm but there's always at least a few smaller images as well.


I did these around the time of the Las Vegas attacks when I felt like I really needed the words from this plate.  I tried a radial gradient with Pure Ice Superstar!, Misa Silly Daffodils and Color Club Grand Canyon.  Then with the help of the clear stamper, I stamped with Mundo de Unas White then Black (and almost managed to get them centered).  The script only fits on my nails at an angle so keep that in mind (my nails are approximately 1 cm wide).  



My second mani looks like the reverse of a thermal polish but it's a gradient of OPI Do You Take Lei Away and Orly Pink Chocolate and Plum Sugar topped with A England Hurt No Living Thing (keeping with my peace-loving theme).  The stamping was done with Mundo de Unas Taupe and topped with HK Girl top coat.  


Texture-Licious 03
$7.99 USD
6 x 12 cm


The Texture-Licious 3 plate is the latest in this series that can give you the perfect textile look.  The description says it's a grungy look, and it can be, but it certainly isn't limited to that.  This is a mini plate (meaning it measures 6 x 12 mm) but the images still measure as large as on the regular sized plates and still have the same great quality.  For both my manis I used this plate alone BUT it also makes awesome backgrounds when paired with other plates.  


For my first mani I wanted a monotone tweed-like look.  I used Picture Polish Winter as a base and double stamped with Mundo de Unas Light Grey and Black before finishing with a matte top coat.  



Something about the lower left image reminded me of earth so I tried to mimic it with some layered stamping here.  I used Moonflower Polish Mar Caribe as the base and double stamped with Verde and El Yunque.  And then, since we should all make a splash on this planet, I added the text with Moonflower Polish Dia and topped with HK Girl glossy top coat.  


Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you like these latest additions to the UberChic Beauty line up.  These, and all of UberChic Beauty's other stamping plate and accessories, can be found at the links below.  

Available at UberChic Beauty

'Til next time...

No comments: