Tuesday, June 27, 2017

UberChic Beauty Vacation Mode, Garden Love, Fourth of July and Mini Plate Folder

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Today might be the most summer-y post I've had this year.  UberChic Beauty recently came out with 3 new plates, Vacation Mode, Garden Love and Fourth of July, that are full of images that remind me of summer with UberChic's impeccable quality.  I adore all the plates.  I might not be a gardener or an American but I can still see myself using a bunch of the images on these plates so they're certainly not limited to those that identify as such.  And who doesn't love being in vacation mode?  I can't wait until I take a few weeks at the lake this summer.  UberChic also came out with a holder for her mini plates and I have a couple photos of that to show you too.  Keep reading for all the details.





The Vacation Mode plate is the only full sized new plate.  This means it is 9.5 x 14.5 cm.  There's a few layered images and a lot of clever text images.  She's also included both positive and negative images.  I think negative space works particularly well in summer.  There's way more brightly coloured nail polish out there than there is stamping polish.  


I had just gotten home from Indie Expo Canada when I received this plates so I just had to use a few of my new goodies starting with the Girly Bits Sequins & Satin Pants collection.  I used all the glitters in a for this base by just painted them each on half a nail and overlapping a bit in the middle.  I stamped the negative space tropical flower with Mundo de Unas Black and topped with HK Girl.  And it works well for Pride month too!  

UberChic Beauty Vacation Mode nail stamping

UberChic Beauty Vacation Mode nail stamping

For my second Vacation Mode mani I used the two polishes I made at the Indie Expo polish making workshop.  There I learned that making polish is really hard and I'll leave it to the experts. I love that layered shark water image.  For the other nails I just used the wavy bits without the fin to create this water-y scene.  

UberChic Beauty Vacation Mode nail stamping

UberChic Beauty Vacation Mode nail stamping


The Garden Love plate is a mini plate so it is 6 x 12 cm but the full nail images are the same size as all UberChic images, 17 x 21 mm.  My mom is garden-obsessed so this plate will make me think of her anytime I see it.  She really is a crazy plant lady.  I haven't shown her this plate yet but I'm sure she'll love it.


My first Garden Love mani might have more stamping than the rest combined.  I did double stamping for almost all the images here to give them a shadowed look.  The base was another Indie Expo purchase, Tonic Polish I Pink You Blue Me Off, that I stamped with Mundo de Unas Black, Green, White and Grinch.  The butterflies were reverse stamped with Fantasy and Orchid.  I did my right hand without the black stamping first (it was getting late) and I have to say this hand looked extra special to me.  This is my favourite mani that I'm posting today.  

UberChic Beauty Garden Love nail stamping

UberChic Beauty Garden Love nail stamping

For the Just Dig It mani, I started with A England Incense Burner that I then stamped with Mundo de Unas Geranium, Green and Caramel and Born Pretty Silver.  I don't know where Brittany finds her phrases but I think they're so cute!  I can't wait until this year's carrots are in.  The stand I by carrots from at the farmer's market has been out for a couple months and I need my carrot fix!  

UberChic Beauty Garden Love nail stamping

UberChic Beauty Garden Love nail stamping


The Fourth of July plate is a must have for all of my American friends.  I might be Canadian but I love our neighbours to the south so I have worn more than one Fourth of July mani in my time.  And there's fireworks, something we can all enjoy!  While this is definitely a patriotic plate I've actually used it in two other manis already for future challenges so it is certainly more versatile than you might think at first glance.  The stripes have worked better than any other striped image I've tried to date!


For my first mani I went with the typical stars and stripes. For the base I used Essie Aruba Blue and Vapid Lacquer Fire Starter.  It's a perfectly shiny American flag.  

UberChic Beauty Fourth of July nail stamping

UberChic Beauty Fourth of July nail stamping

Since I was so excited for the fireworks, I couldn't not use them.  The base is KBShimmer Eclipse and the fireworks are a mix of gradient and double stamping with Hit The Bottle Drop Red Gorgeous, Moonshine and A Bolt from the Blue.  If I took the blue out these would be great for Canada Day this weekend too!  

UberChic Beauty Fourth of July nail stamping

UberChic Beauty Fourth of July nail stamping


Last up today is the new mini plate holder.  I know people are always looking for nice ways to organize their plates and these holders will work for all the UberChic mini plates (and any other brands with the same sized plates).  The folders are made of faux leather and have 10 double sided pages for a total storage of 20 plates.  There's a double snap so it will still close even when plumb full.  One thing I noted is that there's 3 cm of space between the midline of the holder and the plate pocket so, even when it's full, you'll still have no problems turning the pages.  It's little details like that that make UberChic one of my favourite brands.  AND it also comes in black which can be found here.


If you're interested in these or any other UberChic products, they can be found in the links here.  Her social media is great for finding inspiration and the latest release/sales news.

$14.99/Vacation Mode plate
$7.99/mini plate
$7.99/mini plate storage folder
Available at UberChic Beauty

'Til next time...

No comments: