Saturday, June 17, 2017

Nail Crazies Unite - Fruit

Hey there!  Since yesterday was the wrap up to Digit-al Dozen's week and I didn't have it in me to write two posts in one day, I'm a tad late for this week's Nail Crazies Unite post.  And what a shame to be late for this one because its theme is truly one of my favourite things in the world...fruit!  Seriously I'm such a fruit junkie.  I'm not a huge sugar eater but when it comes to all of fruit's sweetness, I have a sweet tooth.  But it's healthy sugar...right??  I wish I could've done a huge fruit basket on my nails (though I kind of have done that before, a full two years ago), today I just have strawberries.  Yummy, yummy strawberries...

Strawberry Nail Stamping

Strawberry Nail Stamping

The way I did these was really lazy.  I wasn't in the mood to make decals or do any reverse stamping so what I did was stamp the strawberry image from UberChic Beauty 9-01 with a nude color then coloured them in with OPI Cajun Shrimp and Mundo de Unas Green, right on my nail.  Then I restamped with black.  You can see where I didn't quite line up my stamping right.  Oops.  But they aren't so bad from afar.  

Strawberry Nail Art

On my accent nail I painted just over 3/4 of my nail with Cajun Shrimp and then stamped the seeds with black and the strawberry top with Mundo de Unas Green.  That part is pretty darn cute to me.  

Strawberry Nail Art

All that was left to do was add a top coat.  For these I used KBShimmer Clearly On Top.  

Strawberry Nail Art

That's all there was to these fruit nails.  Just looking at them is making me want a snack.  Maybe I'll go cut into the pineapple I have on my cupboard.  What's your favourite fruit?  I do love pineapple and strawberries but I think my favourite would have to be blueberries.  I can't wait for them to be in season!  

'Til next time...



No comments: