Tuesday, November 29, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Birthdays - November 2016

Hey there!  Every month the birthday girls of the month have been picking some art to use an inspiration for a nail design and today is the day The Digit-al Dozen is sharing our November birthday manis.  November is the birthday month for Carmina, Marisa and yours truly.  I was stressed at the idea of choosing the inspiration but luckily Marisa came to the rescue and I only had to pick between a couple of photos.  One of her inspiration pictures looked so much like a drip marble that I couldn't not choose it.  Love love love this technique!  Stick around after the jump to see the inspiration photo and read all about the polishes I used for my version.



The inspiration photo comes from some art by Leslie David.  She did this in collaboration with Lancome so maybe even the original was some sort of drip marble?  However it was done and whatever it's made of, it's gorgeous!


I went digging through my helmers to find the polishes that reminded me most of the colors in this photo.  What I came up with was:

Zoya Ginni

Zoya Estelle 
Gloss n Sparkle Strawberry Spring 
Lacc 1945
Color Club Wicker Park
Essie In The Cab-ana 
American Apparel Summer Peach 
Ruby Wing Strawberry Shortcake


I went to work making my drip marble decals and applied them over a white base.  This is the first time I've used any glitter in a drip marble and I like it!  I really like the contrast of finishes in the final look.



Thanks for reading!  And happy birthday to the other November birthday girls!  I can't wait to see the other looks that everyone has come up with.  

'Til next time...


No comments: