Monday, October 10, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Vampy: Marilyn Monroe Nail Art

Hey there!  First off, Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians!  I wish I could've done some turkey nails but it's a new Digit-al Dozen week and I'm not sure how I could've combined Thanksgiving with our Vampy theme.  I love this theme and yet had massive conflicts with.  I love dark vampy colors but had problems thinking of art to go with it.  Seriously, my sister has said that she never want to hear the word vampy again after how many times I've said "I need one more vampy idea..." in the last month.  I ended up doing way more than 5 designs for this theme before coming up with 5 I like (one of which I just did this morning).  I'm starting with some Marilyn Monroe stamping because when I think of sexy, vampy ladies, she comes to mind.




Of course I just had to use Shimmer Polish Marilyn as my base polish.  I used two coats of this gorgeous red glitter.  On my accent nail I used two coats of OPI Barre My Soul, to leave it as an almost naked nail.


I stamped over the red glitter with Lily Anna 14 with Mundo de Unas Black.  I wish it would've shown up better but Marilyn is a pretty dark polish.


The Marilyn Monroe image is from Born Pretty Store BP-15.  I leadlighted her lips with Esmaltes da Kelly Wine.  It blurred out a bit so it looks like she's been spending some time smooching but that just adds to the vampy idea, right?  That's what I'll tell myself!


If you look at the links down below, you might notice something.  This month the Digit-al Dozen has a lot of new friends.  We've welcomed new amazing 10 (yes, 10!) bloggers to the group.  These ladies are great nail artists so I can't wait to see what they bring us this week.  Welcome to the DD girls!

'Til next time...








No comments: