Monday, September 26, 2016

KBShimmer Fall 2016 Swatches and Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  I know I'm late in the game but on this lovely autumn Monday, I have swatches to share from the KBShimmer Fall 2016 collection, currently available at Color4Nails.  I personally love the crazy mix of finishes here.  There's anything you could want - cremes, glitters, holos and more!  Over the years I've become a big KBShimmer fangirl and always look forward to the new collections.  I wasn't surprised when swatching these that I had no issues whatsoever with any of the formulas.  She definitely knows what she's doing when it comes to making polish!  This collection is comprised of 12 polishes so I have a ton of photos down below so I'll just get to it without too much yapping!



Mint green/pale turquoise base with silver flakes and holo sparkle.  This has the same finish as birthstone collection.  It is so shiny and sparkly!  This is two thick coats plus top coat.  




Black jelly with purple glitter and a hint of holo.  The coverage is great for a jelly, only needing two coats for these photos.  The glitters spread easily but they do dry down a bit so top coat is required for a smooth finish.  




A perfect dark pink creme which are always my favourite KBShimmer polishes.  They always have such great formulas!  This is one coat (yes, ONE coat) plus top coat.   




The second creme of the collection, this light blue also has a creamy and smooth formula.  Again, this is ONE coat plus top coat.  Amazing!  




This is the first of the three linear holos in the fall collection.  This one is a yummy chocolate brown which is making me hungry right now (ganache is one of my favourite things on earth).  This is two coats plus top coat.   



direct light


Orchidding Me? is a red-toned purple linear holo.  I'm so in love with it's vibrant color, especially with it's great formula.  I used two coats plus top coat here but noted that it was almost perfect at a single coat.  



direct light


This is the third linear holo from the fall collection.  This is a slightly orange-leaning red holo but don't let that make you think it's an orange.  This is definitely a bright red holo which is rare.  Usually red holographics have a pink tone to them but not this one.  This is two coats plus top coat.  



direct light

A soft green crelly filled with copper, lavender and silver glitter with just a hint of holo.  My eyes saw the glitter as peach, purple and white when layered with the green crelly.  I only had to use two coats for full coverage.  It does need top coat to make it perfectly smooth.  




This is a candy-inspired white crelly with almost the entire rainbow of glitter.  There are red, orange, yellow, green, blue and brown hex glitter of a few sizes and a bit of bar glitter.  This is three coats plus top coat.  




A medium blue-toned purple crelly with pinkish microflakes.  You need to check out the macro to fully appreciate the flakies.  The first coat seemed thin but it only took two coats plus top coat for this coverage.  




Tiers of Joy is a wedding cake-inspired polish and I have to say I agree.  It is a cream-colored crelly with pink, gold and brown microglitter, including square glitter, not something you see often.  There's also a bit of holographic sparkle in this one.  It's worth noting that the glitter spread effortlessly.  This is three coats plus top coat.  




A soft pink jelly base packed with holographic microglitter.  This is the latest Mega Flame polish and the first one I've tried.  It's amazing how sparkly this is.  The birthstone finish is a mix of sparkle and shine but this is pure sparkly goodness.  I wish my camera would've captured it better.  This is three coats plus top coat.  



direct light

That's all for this review of the KBShimmer Fall 2016 collection.  Not surprisingly, I would have no problems recommending any of these polishes (and have recommended some of them to friends in real life).  My personal favourites are Flake Me Home Tonight, Little Boy Hue and Orchidding Me? but I also really liked Turning Pointe and am probably going to have to look into adding more Mega Flames to my stash.  

$9.25/polish
Available at Color4Nails

'Til next time...

No comments: