Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Creative Shop Ukraine Stamping Plate Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Last month Oksana, the creator of the Creative Shop Stamper messaged me asking if I'd like to try one of her new stamping plates and I jumped at the chance.  Knowing how good her stampers have been, I was willing to bet that she'd also be making plates of the same great quality and I was right.  The stamping plate I was sent is all about her home country of Ukraine.  Alberta, where I'm from in Canada, has a large Ukrainian population so I've always known some Ukrainian words and the food but not much else.  While I admit that I didn't know much about Ukraine before, I'm happy this plate made me do some digging to find out a bit more.  Keep reading to see the plate and the details about the couple of designs I used from it.


Creative Shop's stamping plates measure 6 x 12 cm and uses space so efficiently.  The images are directly side by side so no space is wasted.  The full nail images measure 15 x 25 mm so they should be long enough for most people's nails.  The etching was great and I didn't have any issues with transferring the images.  I love all the Ukrainian patterns but I wasn't entirely sure what some of the others were so I enlisted the help of my eastern European labmate and Oksana herself.  The flag is the Ukrainian flag, the map says Ukraine (presumably in Ukrainian) and the symbols under that is Ukraine's coat of arms.  The people are showing off the traditional hairstyles of Ukraine and the individual man is the poet, Taras Shevchenko.  The smaller images are the agricultural products Ukraine is known for - salo, onion, garlic and wheat.  In other words, this is such a great representation of the country.  Wouldn't it be nice if all our countries could be celebrated like this?


To try out this plate I did two manis.  The first was inspired by the Ukrainian flag which is yellow and blue.  I made decals with Mundo de Unas White and then painted half yellow with OPI The "It" Color and half blue with Rich Girls & Po-Boys.  I finished it with Essie Matte About You.  



Not quite perfect on the decal painting but close enough!  


For the second look, I did a neon smoosh base with Color Club Pure Energy, Electro Candy and French Tip, stamped with Mundo de Unas Black.  The other nails are A England Camelot dotted with white and then Pure Energy or Electro Candy.  I did the white first to make sure the colors would show up over the black since they're not very opaque.  These were finished with HK Girl top coat.  



Stamper smoosh bases are the best!  They're so fast and look so cool!  



This plate is sold directly by Creative Shop or is distributed internationally by Beautometry for $9 but is currently out of stock at Beautometry.  Be sure to follow on Facebook and Instagram to find out all the latest on restocks (and other cool stuff).  


'Til next time...


No comments: