Friday, October 2, 2015

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Hobbies

Hey there!  Today is an exciting day...is the start of a brand new Crumpet's Nail Tarts nail art challenge!  Like the 52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge, this one is also going to run for an entire year alternating between themed (like today) or color prompts.  So every week you're going to be able to see 40 nail art ideas.  Pretty cool eh?  

This week's theme is Hobbies.  I'm sure a lot of you have nail polish as a major hobby in your life but we're not one trick ponies, right?  Personally, I play a couple of sports though I'm by no means an athlete.  Sports get me out of the house socializing with some awesome people instead of watching Netflix and painting my nails ALL the time.  Now that summer is over, my sport of choice for the winter is curling so that's the theme for my nail art this week.  Yes, curling...like with rocks and brooms and ice.  I'm so Canadian, haha!



I can't paint a circle to save my life so I found this circle stamping image from Cheeky Happy Nails (Jumbo 10) and made decals with the colors of the "house" (the rings on the ice that you score in).   I used a white base of Color Club French Tip and made the decals with Sally Hansen Rapid Red and In Prompt Blue.   There were even extra circles that I colored yellow with Sally Hansen Lightning to indicate the rocks.
  

Then, because the rings are physically under the ice, I added a coat of Girly Bits January Morning to give it a shimmery submerged look.  What do you think, does it look like it's under ice?


Please remind me not to make decals with red ever again.  It's darn near impossible to clean up!  


Now you can check out all the hobbies of the other folks who have decided to take on this challenge with the links below. See any hobbies you love too?

'Til next time...



No comments: