Monday, March 30, 2015

Music Stamping Over Textured Polish

Hey there!  This week's prompts for the Crumpet's Nail Tart's 52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge are Music and "Not Worn Enough".  I personally rarely wear any of the numerous textured polishes I have so I used this opportunity to use a couple of OPI's textures as the base for this music note stamping.  And I really liked it so maybe I'll remember to use them a little more often now.



I know textured polishes were a huge fad a couple of years ago that seems to have died down.  When they first came out I avoided them at all cost because I thought they'd be so textured that they'd catch on things.  Eventually I tried them and saw that the texture is actually pretty minimal so I bought a bunch.  I think I don't wear them often for a couple of reasons - I detest removing glitter (and most peel-off base coats make my mani's pop right off within half a day of wearing them) and to keep the texture, you can't use top coat so I have to wait way too long before I can stamp.  First world problems, eh?


The polishes I used for the gradient were OPI Solitaire (the silver-y white) and Pussy Galore (pink).  They make a pretty combination, if I do say so myself.  


The musical images are from a couple of plates.  The accent nail is from Bundle Monster BM-411 and the other image is from Born Pretty BP-47.  Both are stamped with Mundo de Unas Black and worn without top coat.  


It's a good thing I actually liked this mani because I ended up having to wear it for days, until it was half chipped off.  At least that saved me removing quite as much glitter, haha!  

'Til next time...



No comments: