Monday, December 22, 2014

Monochrome Distressed Nail Art

Hey there!  How's this for a non-holiday mani?  I know a lot of people are getting tired of festive nails so it's a good thing that this week's Crumpet's Nail Tart's 52 Week Challenge themes are Distressed and Grey.  Possibly because the holidays can be stressful and cause a few grey hairs, haha!  I decided to combine the themes again into one mani that you can see here.



I started with a white base, Rica Whiteout and then used Chalkboard Nails' tutorial to do the distressed look.  I'm not 100% sure who invented this look but Sarah's tutorial is perfection so I think it usually gets credited to her.


The greys I used here are KBShimmer My Life's Porpoise (light grey), L'Oreal Greycian Goddess (medium grey) and China Glaze Out Like A Light (dark grey).  I was originally going to use black as well but Out Like A Light is so dark that I didn't think it needed black.  


I really like how these turned out.  Sadly I didn't even wear them outside.  I was having a nail day (hence the dry cuticles...too much acetone and not enough moisturizing) on a weekend so the only person who even saw them was my sister so I think I'll have to do these again someday when I'm actually getting off my couch!  


'Til next time...



No comments: