Sunday, September 21, 2014

31DC2014 Day 21 - Inspired by a color

Hey there!  As soon as I saw the prompts for the 31 Day Challenge I knew exactly what I wanted to do for Day 21.  For "Inspired by a color" I took inspiration from a nail polish name, Zoya Autumn.    So I did a fall-toned gradient and stamped on some autumn leaves.



Whenever I do a gradient, I usually start with the lightest color.  In this case it was Zoya Kerry, a bright yellow foil.  This is 2 coats of Kerry on its own.


For the gradient I added Zoya Autumn (the bronze inspiration color) and India (red), both from this year's Fall Ignite collection.  Aren't these colours great for a fall gradient?


The stamping is from Bundle Monster BM-H11 using Mundo de Unas Black.  I love this leaf image.  I've used it so many times already.  We really need more maple leaf stamping images (hint, hint to the plate makers out there).



Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of fall.  I think it has something to do with my aversion to the color yellow.  And in Edmonton, the only color we really get in autumn is yellow thanks to the abundance of poplar trees.  Our entire city turns green and gold which could explain why those are our football team's colors.  I took a walk today through our lovely river valley and here's a few photos I took that prove it.  I love having a river run right down the middle of the city.  It creates a lovely little nature escape.




'Til next time...



No comments: