Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Crayon Nail Art

Hey there!  If you follow me on Instagram you know I'm in mourning today...for my thumb nail.  It cracked on Friday and I tried to repair it with my Orly Nail Repair Kit but I guess my repair job failed and this morning it snapped right off.  Luckily it's not on my picture hand so I guess there's a silver lining.  RIP thumb nail.  You'll be missed.

Anyways, enough with my silliness.  Today I want to show you some nail art I did on the weekend that I thought was cute.  I was out with a good friend of mine last week and he said he thought someone should do the Crayola logo on their nails.  While there are some people that are good enough to do the actual logo, I'm well aware that I'm not quite there so here's what I came up with instead.  I have a three year old niece who visits a lot so I even had a box of crayons to use as a reference.


The colors I used were China Glaze Happy Go Lucky (yellow), With Love (red), Grape Pop (purple), Flyin' High (blue) and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Sunkissed (orange).  Unfortunately I don't have a China Glaze orange creme so I couldn't stay within the brand.  No biggie, right?


After I painted the colours, I used black acrylic paint for the details.  On my thumb I used green acrylic paint and striping tape to try to mimic the box.  It's really a shame that I'm not steady enough to be able to have drawn the logo on my thumb as well.  


Simply because I liked these so much, here's a couple more pictures.




That's all I have to say about these.  I hope you like them.  If anyone has any suggestions for something they'd like to see me try, I'm obviously open to ideas.  

'Til next time...










No comments: